Sunday, October 23, 2005

Star Wars Attacktix: A Fun Game For All Ages

I admit it. I am a gaming junkie. Miniatures are my favorite. I think that comes from when I was a kid and couldn't afford the little D&D guys; Now I want every miniature game that comes out.

Star Wars Attacktix is not exactly a miniatures game. It's quite different. Your guys actually attack each other with plastic rocket launchers and spring-loaded lightsabers. It requires a touch of strategy and just a little luck to win.
The game is pretty hot right now. I believe this is mainly due to guys like me who buy it for their 2-year-olds as a precursor to more advanced games.
Check out this blog for more info: starwarsattacktix.blogspot.com If you already play and want to take it up a notch, here are some unofficial tournament rules.

And remember, the best games are 'missions', requiring a specific objective be met for a "pass" or "fail" grade.

So, any other gamers out there? It seems we gravitate to Space things too....

No comments: