Saturday, May 28, 2005

Extraterrestrial on National Geographic Channel

Discovery Channel had a great special a few weeks ago, "Alien Planet" that used computer generated animation to show us what a future inter-planetary robotic exploration mission might be like and what it might encounter.
I watched it. It was interesting but there's only so much to get excited about. If it were actual footage, that would be exciting, as it was I felt like I was watching some English-dubbed Japanese Anime.
Not to be outdone, National Geographic Channel is offering its own version of alien life in Extraterrestrial, a two-hour CGI special airing Monday--May 30, 9 p.m. et/pt.
I feel a little insulted. Do the NGC people think their aliens will be even more astounding, or are they postulating a completely different encounter scenario, or what?
I guess I'll be forced to watch just so I can find out for myself. Ok, fine, I was going to watch it anyway--but it better be cool.
Speaking of cool, there is some pretty cool info to be found at the NGC site. Like this poll. I guess I'm not a complete nut-job for believing in life on other planets. Or, we're ALL a bunch of nut-jobs...either way I'm off the hook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not crazy for believing in life on other planets - I do, too.