Monday, May 02, 2005

Don't dream it, be it

I ask myself every day: Why should people visit your lame site when there are a zillion other Space related sites out there?
The answer: Because you are so much COOLER than those other guys! (And you wear patent leather shoes.)

To first time visitors I offer this advice: Don't feel like you have to click on every link in my post. Just the ones that sound interesting. I try to put a few simple things at the top, like a picture link or factoid link. The rest of the post should flow like a little Space story that informs and inspires you.

Like this one. It's all about inspiration.

See I clicked on an Ad at Space.com and found a cool site. (If you click on my Ads you may take a similar journey; it doesn't mean you have to buy anything. I didn't buy anything when I clicked on their Ad link. Clicking on Ad links is a way of tipping the Web Master--do it often!)

Anyway, the link took me here. It's a CGI animation of an extra-solar exploration of an alien star system. It includes a 40-year voyage, with landing and exploration scheduled for May 9. With awesome graphics and real science as a guide, it's almost as if you are there. It's worth spending a few minutes exploring. I know I'll be back!

See? A perfectly painless post about something enlightening and entertaining. And it didn't cost you anything--just a few minutes of your time.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: