Tuesday, April 19, 2005

100 years of Einstein

Image: Einstein w/tongue, Einstein the clerk, Einstein the sailor, Einstein the man
Info: Einstein bio and chronology, Albert Einstein Online

April 19, 2005 at CNN.com:


Around the world, universities and academies are celebrating the 100th anniversary of Einstein's "miracle year" when he published five scientific papers in 1905 that fundamentally changed our grasp of space, time, light and matter. Only he could top himself about a decade later with his theory of general relativity.

Read the entire story here.

All day I have been wracking my brain, trying to come up with just the right words to describe the greatest mind, the father of modern-day physics, when suddenly it hits me:
His brain was so BIG he didn't get the little things, like basic math, so it seems reasonable to assume, were he still alive today Einstein would surely be UNABLE to program his VCR, complete his taxes or count back change as well as the kid at the Burger King drive-thru.

I guess that means it's OK if I let the man's own accomplishments speak for themselves. I'll just provide the links.

No comments: