Monday, November 21, 2005

SpaceBlog Alpha

It takes a lot more to get a new Blogzine going than I once thought.
In the beginning, having met with some small success banging away at it all by myself, I believed it could be done with little or no interruption in the already busy lives of its contributors. But alas, that's not the case.

Not that it matters, we'll get it all together eventually.
You see, I believe in this project. I believe the world needs SpaceBlog Alpha; they need to be taught to care about Space exploration again, to worry about the fact the U.S. went to the Moon thirty years ago but can't put a spaceship in orbit today; that sooner or later someone, some nation, will conquer Space flight, and that nation will lead the world.
It doesn't matter to me who does it, only that it is done; That Space is open to anyone with the guts and the wits and the will to go there, not just a lucky few.
That's as it should be. Because the destiny of all humankind lies beyond the thin blue atmosphere that has blanketed us for eons. Our destiny is out there...somewhere...

No comments: