Saturday, September 24, 2005

Irish Space Agency: Who Knew?

Granted they are simply one of 15 partners in the European Space Agency (ESA), Ireland still has a full fledged Space program of its own and has been making regular contributions to the advancement of almost all the Space sciences.

Their latest project sounds a little strange to me: Space Synapse's "symbiotic sphere"

I'm not exactly sure what it will do or how it will work, and yes, I did read the article. I read several articles in fact, and I'm still confused. As near as I can surmise, it will serve as some sort of link-up between the astronauts serving aboard the International Space Station (ISS) and people here on Earth.
Whatever it is, a lot of really smart people seem to think it's a good idea. And I happen to believe any idea that incorporates science AND art is worth the expense.

Besides, at the risk of stereotyping an entire nation, maybe the Irish can bring a little luck to the entire Space Industry...

No comments: